USMLE Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have time, then is it crazy to read Harper's biochemistry?
I really shouldn't say read, more like scan. I feel that i have a pretty good grasp of lippincot, i've basically memorized the entire book for biochemistry.

i have the online version of harpers, and it seems very repetitive, but it really does a nice job of integrating things i have reviewed from lippincotts. its just very difficult to estimate how long it might take to scan through the entire book. like i said, i pretty much have memorized lippincots, so harpers just seems to flow really well.

i sort of feel like doing the same for microbiology. i've pretty much nailed CMMRS, and i feel that scanning the lange book 'clinical microbiology and immunology' might be worth it. i also remember using the immunology section for that book, and definitely wouldn't mind re-reading it again.

i wish i still had my medical books from first 2 years!!!!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
please ignore this thread. on second thoughts, i now realize that its pretty ridiculous to read harpers haha. just going to stick with what i know from lippincots, do the kaplan, and the inbetween stuff will be filled in with UW and FA.

i also think that there's a lot of patho overlap with biochemistry, with regards to genetic diseases, and vitamins. should help reinforce concepts too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts