USMLE Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Has anyone done any clerkship, elective or observership with Medclerkships.com in New York?
Please share your experience and any information you have on it.

Thanks. :)Happy-2:scared:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi, I recently completed a 4-week Internal Medicine clerkship in Brooklyn with MedClerkships.com in December

The physician I was shadowing was very professional and gave me a lot of one on one time to discuss any issues/questions I had. He even let me take a couple of days off to study for my CS exam. Overall, an excellent experience - I was provided an outstanding LOR and learned a lot.

If there is anything else you want to know, I'd be happy to let you know about my time there.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Was the clerkship in a private hospital? Or in a university hospital?

·
Registered
58 Posts
The program I was enrolled in had me rotating at 4 different locations as I shadowed the preceptor along his daily routine: 3 were university affiliated hospitals and 1 was a private clinic

hope this helps

·
Registered
58 Posts
I actually completed my rotation with them back in December... My rotation took me through 4 hospitals all university affiliated

Thinking about enrolling in Pediatrics with them in April - will keep you posted

Currently doing some side projects and research in NC, wish you the best of luck in NYC!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can a student be guaranteed to renew rotations with this form, provided there were no issues? Can you provide all clinicals for electives in the same city?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I did back to back internal medicine clerkships with them a couple months ago

I was given the option of the same hospital or a different one in my second cycle but it was a little too far for me so I stayed in the same spot

They didn't have a problem with signing up for 2 cycles.. You may want to ask them beforeha

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have recently contacted them, they sound promising. can anyone tell me the names of hospitals in Brooklyn in which they rotate you I want to be sure if i should go for it or not..

·
Registered
51 Posts
i just finished an IM rotation IN NY with them. in my opinion they are the most genuine and upfront out of all the companies out there. i had a great experience with my preceptor and was able to go to 3 hospitals and 2 clinics, i also worked with 2 other doctors besides my preceptor. great learning experience. the only reason im writing this is because i was also worried about enrolling with them but frankly im glad that i did, and if you are considering them GO FOR IT.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i just finished an IM rotation IN NY with them. in my opinion they are the most genuine and upfront out of all the companies out there. i had a great experience with my preceptor and was able to go to 3 hospitals and 2 clinics, i also worked with 2 other doctors besides my preceptor. great learning experience. the only reason im writing this is because i was also worried about enrolling with them but frankly im glad that i did, and if you are considering them GO FOR IT.
how much did they charge you extra?

and what are the hospitals? private ones? did you get LOR from board certified docs?

·
Registered
110 Posts
FYI, they gave me a discount for having HIPAA, and for the medical liability insurance I got on my own.

You should contact Peter leone at academic wins or Mike at Dietrich healthcare and get your insurance on your own. its MUCH CHEAPER and you can use it for future rotations at the hospitals you rotate at if you get a 1 year policy.. All of the externship companies just charge more for the same insurance you can get on your own... Just my 2 cents.

PM me if you need more info

·
Registered
634 Posts
FYI, they gave me a discount for having HIPAA, and for the medical liability insurance I got on my own.

You should contact Peter leone at academic wins or Mike at Dietrich healthcare and get your insurance on your own. its MUCH CHEAPER and you can use it for future rotations at the hospitals you rotate at if you get a 1 year policy.. All of the externship companies just charge more for the same insurance you can get on your own... Just my 2 cents.

PM me if you need more info
Thanks a lot for the info! But a few doubts (which might appear basic and stupid, because i'm not sure about the HIPAA and medical insurance guidelines). Can an international medical graduate coming on a B1 visitors visa get HIPAA and the insurance like how you mentioned? And at a cheaper cost than what Medclerkships provide bundled along with their official price?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks a lot for the info! But a few doubts (which might appear basic and stupid, because i'm not sure about the HIPAA and medical insurance guidelines). Can an international medical graduate coming on a B1 visitors visa get HIPAA and the insurance like how you mentioned? And at a cheaper cost than what Medclerkships provide bundled along with their official price?
Free HIPAA training with certificate available at some universities.. try the links at umartariq.com HIPAA section to start with

1 - 20 of 74 Posts