USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Guys I am trying to apply to step 2CK, but it now says on the ECFMG that starting september 15, you must submit a request to be verified/certified, something like that...

What is this? I already have a valid form 186, My credentials were sent by the ECFMG to be verified but my school says they haven't recieved anything yet (it has been more than 3 months now, is it normal?), What must I do?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I think what you are mentioning is about the "Request for ECFMG certification". This can be found on your oasis page in the left menu after logging in. it's an online form that you have to fill and submit.......just a legal formality, it's got legal declarations and some permissions that you must agree to. if you have filled and submitted this form already, its time to contact ECFMG by phone. my step 1 application was rejected and it was really helpful calling them. They can help you instantly solve the problem. 3 months is a very long delay. It should not take more than a month (excluding postal delays). Maybe the courier people have lost it. call ECFMG to confirm that they've sent and if misplaced, they will send again.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Verification of credentials

When ECFMG send our credentials for verification to our medical school, they use regular mail ( not the courier ). That's why it takes longer to reach medical school. To tell you about myself, my credentials were received by medical school exactly 2 months after the date of its sending by ECFMG. Your time of 3 months seems a bit longer, however, you don't need your credentials verified for ck application i.e., only a valid Form 186 is needed.

To tell you about the request for ECFMG Certification, I'd agree the above comment. So just fill it properly and go ahead with your ck application.

I hope it makes sense.:)

·
Registered
472 Posts
yup. verification of credentials is for graduates only and it's a one time process only. They don't verify credentials for every step. Once verified is forever verified. So it all depends on whether you are a student or a graduate. but i still think calling them would be a better option.

·
Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thousand thanks for your help, guys!
One more question, How long does it take to apply to Step 2 CS? I am still waiting for Step 1 results but I can't wait till they are out (Already late as you can see), Can I apply for both CK & CS now?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thousand thanks for your help, guys!
One more question, How long does it take to apply to Step 2 CS? I am still waiting for Step 1 results but I can't wait till they are out (Already late as you can see), Can I apply for both CK & CS now?
Processing Time taken for CS will be the same as for other steps. You can apply for CK and CS together at any time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts