USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I am new here and new also as I am about to start preparing for usmle step1 I am an IMG and just about to start preparing for it I need help as many people have told so many concepts about usmle. I need guidance. I just joined Kaplan coaching in India and very soon I'll start my DVDs at the center and they have given me 8 books.

I want to ask is doing Kaplan materials is enough?

Is it true that usmle is very hard exam for IMGs to pass? I mean many people in place of helping said so many bad things that I am scared.
Can you help me about how to start preparing I mean is this true that people do fail the exam.

Is having very good marks is very imp? What score we should have to be good :confused::confused:

Please can anyone help me I'll be very grateful

Lots of worries and confusion

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Hi priyanka1,

Welcome to USMLE Forums.

Yes, Kaplan materials is enough to pass the USMLE Step 1 and even to get high scores.

No, there's no such thing as USMLE is hard for IMGs. In fact if you look around this website you'll see many many IMGs who have got very high scores. I personally believe that IMGs are doing better than AMGs in USMLE Step 1 ;)

Do not worry and don't get scared. Once you start your Kaplan course you'll see that things are going easy.

A high USMLE Step 1 score is generally regarded as a score above 95.

The idea that IMGs should get high scores because they are not preferred over AMGs when it comes to matching. Therefore, you should aim at a high score and you'll get it.

There are many threads here that I can send you to learn more but I don't want to overwhelm you with lots of info from the start.

We'll be happy to answer your questions one by one :)

Go ahead and start your Kaplan-only prep and let's know your progress over time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank u very much really i have no words to thank u for helping it help to ease my tension a lot and thank u very much again and yeah ill be gland to read more information about it if u can plz help me out really

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank u very much it really help me too decide the way i should start studying ill follow ur advice and just going to stick to kaplan thank u really :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.