USMLE Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all of the best Step 1 study stuff: 2010 Kaplan videos, Falcon videos, PASS videos, Kaplan Q bank, & USMLE World Q Bank on a drive. It's all great stuff, but I only have until the end of July to prepare for the step.

Of all this stuff, what's the best? What should I use? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Chill out, fellow!

There is a couple of aphorisms concerning preparation for Step 1

1) However vast the material you study may be, you will always be asked for even more in the actual exam... In other words, it doesn't matter how much you read, but instead how focused you remain and how deeply you have understood what you have read.

2) There are no magic potions in the resources you use. Of course, you must have a core textbook in which you will be able to find every single knowledge you have obtained throughout your journey towards the date of the exam. But, up to that point, the combination of resources you use should be tailored to your needs, your weaknesses and the way of studying you are fond of. You may use different series books for different topics and you should always keep in mind that what works perfectly for someone may be the worst type of resource for sb else. Besides, you should chose your resources carefully in advance, because shifting resources in the middle of your preparation may have an impact on postponing the exam.

Some people say that using the same series for all topics (i.e High Yield only, Blueprints only, Kaplan only, BRS only etc) is helpful, because a uniform form helps in the storing process of new knowledge. Others insist that getting the most of each series lies in selecting the right book for the right topic.

So, among this beautiful stuff, you should chose what is appropriate for you. If you find that you need multiple sources, take advantage of all of them. Don't waste time with so many videos (i.e. I had used zero for my Step 1 preparation), just stay focused on what you have desire to learn and on what areas you feel that you need to clear things up.

Don't lose your mind & be optimistic!:)

Good luck

·
Registered
55 Posts
hi,u can choose kaplan & usmle world.

I have all of the best Step 1 study stuff: 2010 Kaplan videos, Falcon videos, PASS videos, Kaplan Q bank, & USMLE World Q Bank on a drive. It's all great stuff, but I only have until the end of July to prepare for the step.

KAPLAN & USMLE WORLD is more then enough if u do it properly...........

·
Registered
95 Posts

Hi, can you please give me the Kaplan and USMLE qbanks!...thanks!...Let me know where I can download them from!

·
Registered
25 Posts

Fwd these ASAP plz.thank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts