USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a beginner, recently I have been studying pharmacology using kaplan book and video, then I found there are some things in FA that are not included in Kaplan, for example, some drug names never show up in kaplan.

My question is , is Kaplan pharmacology enough for step 1? On the other hand we all know it is also important to avoid overwhelming information, so what should be the best material for pharmacology?

I am such a beginner in panic now, please help me out!

I will appreciate any advice!!!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Emilyworkhard,
Its good that you asked this question because I was in the same position you are right now. My recommendation to you is that you only need what its on the FA. I mean it. When I was studying for step 1, I was studying from 4 different books, and that just got my stress levels to go up. At the end, I noticed that only by reading pharmacology from FA its enough! If I could go back in time, I would just do that and it will save you a lot of time.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

·
Registered
21 Posts
The kaplan pharmacology book is very short it might be good for the first read to clear some concepts but its deficient in the details so First Aid or uworld should be added for pharm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Emilyworkhard,
Its good that you asked this question because I was in the same position you are right now. My recommendation to you is that you only need what its on the FA. I mean it. When I was studying for step 1, I was studying from 4 different books, and that just got my stress levels to go up. At the end, I noticed that only by reading pharmacology from FA its enough! If I could go back in time, I would just do that and it will save you a lot of time.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci
Thank you...
May I ask how did you study for the usage of different drugs? they are so overlapping and thus hard to memorize clearly in mind, how did you memorize the usages of drugs?
Thank you again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts