USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needed some advise on how to drastically improve on NBME score. Failed my first NBME. I have done uworld: 52% average....second time:70s-80s%. I have also read MTB2 twice. What do you guys suggest i do next?

I was thinking to get usmlerx qbank and read MTB3 cover to cover? or should i just stick to my previous resources?

I want to take the exam by early august but have CS to study for for next month.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can anyone help answer Dr. KnifeHappy? :p

Did you do the usmleworld questions in subject or random? Was your step 1 background recent?

I am not sure if MTB alone is up to date or enough by itself. I don't know if usmle rx or kaplan qbank will help. Does anyone have input?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
Did uworld random timed....took notes and everything. Step 1 was 1 year ago. Felt i have done everything right....really want to know how people improve on their NBME scores over time. Is it just with repetition, or is adding another source vital?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Thanks
Did uworld random timed....took notes and everything. Step 1 was 1 year ago. Felt i have done everything right....really want to know how people improve on their NBME scores over time. Is it just with repetition, or is adding another source vital?
Basically you have 2 more months. I have one more. My exam is on May end. I have done Uworld Random timed once. I have not done UWorld twice. I am planning to do it again.What is your NBME score?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts