USMLE Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody .
I'm an old graduate preparing for usmle step 1 . i did about 4 readings from first aid with notes gathered from usme world + goljan path , solved almostly 2000 q of usmle world and my score 89% i planned to have step1 within this month (November 2010) while still not revising last revision of behavioral science +histology and genetics .. as i feel i will not do more as i always weak to digest them well ... yesterday when i did nbme form1 as testing my self ... i got shocked...........my score:redcheeks; 430 ...i figured out they not concentrate on details ...but upon minute details ..which i didn't catch in my sources .....plus ..genetics calculations make me crazy ...pictures for example brain and vertebral arteriogram troubled me ........ i cancelled my test appointement .. to unkown period of time.....i'm working i mean i have bussy morning plus shift duty twice /week
IS there Any hope ..to improve myself .....any additional sources you advise me to do ....q bank to solve .... i hope if i can do that ...to pass usmle with good score like dream ...and point of change in my future life i realy need it .

please help my friends:sorry:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hmm - you have a score of 89% on UW but your score is 430? I think you should do an NBME to re-confirm that.... Otherwise, I'd argue that UW is actually way more detailed than the actual exam.

In any case, I would recommend you try USMLE Consult or Kaplan Qbank or both but make sure you take them in random timed blocks. That will give you an accurate assessment of your performance. Every so often, do 7 blocks in an 8 hour time span under exam conditions as well. Remember when you do them use Random unused questions or else your score won't mean anything. If you can average above 70% this way you should definitely try and schedule a date for your exam. Your NBME score at that point should reflect this...

Hope that helps... Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you., ashishkabi

but what is your advise for study material that help alot to pass stumbles of genetics , statistics , would you recommend certain books or to solve more q from different sources ... i joined usmlerx today as i can see from forum that it can help ...do you recommend q bank kaplan book or kaptest else .. or both uw and uslmerx is enough.....:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts