USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know how many dead line dates available for 2011 matching for 2012 residency programs,, my informations about matching says that the first application for matching opens in September each year and the result in March or later,, what is the 2011 March matching is it the same as September matching 2011 ?

please help me because it will change my plans

Thank you

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Matching Season start and end dates

Every year the matching season starts in September and the results are out in March the next year.

Matching season 2011 (March 2011) starts in September this year 2010.

Matching season 2012 (March 2012) starts in September next year 2011.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thanks for the reply but could you please tell me what is the exact date, if possible to apply for match?

I mean to say, if i get CS and ECFMG certificate but do my CK, say around in October, is it still possible for me to apply for September?

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Yes you can

Thanks for the reply but could you please tell me what is the exact date, if possible to apply for match?

I mean to say, if i get CS and ECFMG certificate but do my CK, say around in October, is it still possible for me to apply for September?
Yes, you can apply in September before having the CK results. In fact, there's no requirement for applying. You can apply without having any exam results! But for all practical purposes and for descent chances of getting interviews you have to be ECFMG certified by September.
I mean you can apply without finishing all the exams but your chances will be minimal in getting interviews.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yes, you can apply in September before having the CK results. In fact, there's no requirement for applying. You can apply without having any exam results! But for all practical purposes and for descent chances of getting interviews you have to be ECFMG certified by September.
I mean you can apply without finishing all the exams but your chances will be minimal in getting interviews.
Thank you. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts