USMLE Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys . . Last night i just did my another clerkship in my country .:):) .. .

Yup, i think it's so different with the life of pre-clinical:confused::confused: . . . Yup, There's so many lil' things that it doesn't exist in any book , but it's so important for your clinical skill . . :indifferent:

For, all of our Master IMG . . Can You help me out please:eek:, because i think when i pass the residency it's gonna be another big wall:toosad: . . and just don't know how to climb it up ?:redcheeks;

Is it just do the electives? Please give me some opinion . . :redcheeks;:redcheeks;

Thank you guys . . .

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks lee . .

It's all just like cultural shock when you go to a country that you've never been there before . .

And the big wall is, you should work for them and being useful with their standard , which is very different with the country where i come from . . ( yup, my country is developing country ) , do you get what i mean ?

But actually , my country is using western medical method.

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Don't be scared

Lee, Would you mind to answer my question please in this thread ?? i'm really scared . . :confused::confused:
You don't need to be scared at all.
Once you join an elective or residency you'll quickly pick up on the American culture.
American people (including doctors) are very nice people and are very easy to deal with and to communicate with.
They appreciate open minded hard workers. Your efforts no matter how small they are will not be wasted.
Acculturation to the American society is not something that I can answer you in writing. You have to come here and live it yourself.
Bottom line, don't get scared. Be confident and be yourself and it's much easier than you think.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Thx Lee

You don't need to be scared at all.
Once you join an elective or residency you'll quickly pick up on the American culture.
American people (including doctors) are very nice people and are very easy to deal with and to communicate with.
They appreciate open minded hard workers. Your efforts no matter how small they are will not be wasted.
Acculturation to the American society is not something that I can answer you in writing. You have to come here and live it yourself.
Bottom line, don't get scared. Be confident and be yourself and it's much easier than you think.
Yup, it crossed in my mind when I started my USMLE, afraid of facing a tottaly different healthcare system. I was freak out at that time but then I realize there are lots of opportunity to immerse urself to the system. If you're a med student, try to do elective, for those who has graduated, join the externship or at least observership (or maybe volunteering at hospital hehehe...just to get a big picture how it works...but it won't work for your residency application :p )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts