USMLE Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been asked by lemontea to post my experience in preparation for the step 1 exam.
I already gave two threads here
http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-1-forum/1330-ive-got-my-usmle-step-1-score.html
http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-1-forum/1141-just-did-exam.html

Now let me tell you what did I read
I finished

• Kaplan notes twice, DVDs once
  • FA twice and third time before the test
  • USMLERx once (only difficult questions)
  • Kaplan Qbank once
  • UWorld twice (second time only wrong answers)
  • Did not do NBME
  • Did not do Goljan
  • Did not do any simulation exam

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey bro temme one thing....

u mentioned in ur thread that ur xam was very very difficult, with many difficult clinical scenarios, new drugs etc, and u ve also mentioned that u r an old graduate...

temme did u manage da difficult scenarios and drugs with da usmle preperation u did or ur personal clinical xperiences....

thanks

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey bro temme one thing....

u mentioned in ur thread that ur xam was very very difficult, with many difficult clinical scenarios, new drugs etc, and u ve also mentioned that u r an old graduate...

temme did u manage da difficult scenarios and drugs with da usmle preperation u did or ur personal clinical xperiences....

thanks
I managed through the materials I mentioned above. my personal experience perhaps helped a little with the clinical scenarios but mainly it was the materials that helped me get the score.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when did u start the FA first time?nd what was ur schduale while u were taking ur firt reading to FA?
I had a quick look (no constant schedule) while I was studying Kaplan but the major reading was in the few weeks before the exam.

·
Registered
919 Posts
awesome

I like yr plan for the exam.
I planned on something simple as well.
I'll probably spend more time on the NBME and UW though since I will have extra 2 months before taking the exam in November (as according to the schedule I made for myself).

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good luck

I like yr plan for the exam.
I planned on something simple as well.
I'll probably spend more time on the NBME and UW though since I will have extra 2 months before taking the exam in November (as according to the schedule I made for myself).
Good luck, wishing you all success

1 - 13 of 13 Posts