USMLE Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

am just freaking out , i don't know if am prepared or not ....
i took NBME s and UWSA and my scores are variable ....

how can i decide that if am ready or not ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
YES ....

NBME 2 at the start did it offline 31 mistakes '

then NBME 3 224

UWSA 245/630

NBME 4 240+

really appreciate inputs
As i understood you recently gave nbme 4 and uwsa. I think scores are good. I am done with nbme 4 and 6, will do uwsa next week. My exam is on friday. Try to do nbme 6, which is modified nbme 1, if you get 240+, then you can take the exam. But it is my opinion, I mean I don't take the exam, so may be I am wrong.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As i understood you recently gave nbme 4 and uwsa. I think scores are good. I am done with nbme 4 and 6, will do uwsa next week. My exam is on friday. Try to do nbme 6, which is modified nbme 1, if you get 240+, then you can take the exam. But it is my opinion, I mean I don't take the exam, so may be I am wrong.
thanks for your reply ,,,, the problem is i kinda saw a lot of NBME 1 questions around in the forum and i guess if i did NBME 6 it will be a bias ....

am really scared can't study or do anything ......

good luck in your exam . how is your scores in NBME ??? and how did you find NBME 4 ??

·
Registered
118 Posts
thanks for your reply ,,,, the problem is i kinda saw a lot of NBME 1 questions around in the forum and i guess if i did NBME 6 it will be a bias ....

am really scared can't study or do anything ......

good luck in your exam . how is your scores in NBME ??? and how did you find NBME 4 ??[/QUOTE

I got 244 on nbme 4 and 256 on nbme 6. There was a thread mentioning that nbme 6 is easier, but for me both were difficult. Although I also saw some posts related to nbme 6, I think you have to try it. When is your exam?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was thinking of taking it next week

but at this stage am hesitant :eek::eek:

am afraid that am underestimating the difficulty of the exam at the same time i know for a fact that keeping delaying it may make it worse !!!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
i was thinking of taking it next week

but at this stage am hesitant :eek::eek:

am afraid that am underestimating the difficulty of the exam at the same time i know for a fact that keeping delaying it may make it worse !!!!
you seem good for 240. delaying can really make it worse and dont stop studying!!! if you delay you have to make some good plan to be worth delaying.
still i am for taking exam.

·
Registered
979 Posts
i hope it will be helpful for all of us :)

tamta in your opinion , could a week make a different ??? if i used well in revising everything could it boost my scores ??

thanks
Yes i think last week last 5 days revision of everything do boost scores. its just being the super ready for that day that makes your score.
in last week i would made MTB at least twice. once slosly and in last two days or even one day totally. like i did for step1 FA. in last days i dont mean very last day. which i guess its better to rest. caus ethis exam is way harder then STEP1. need to be tough physically and mentally. prepare for fight. be confident and make your mind focused

1 - 12 of 12 Posts