USMLE Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys my exam is after 10 days,,,,,so how should I do revision?

I have finished UW with 61% but did not revise yet my notes from uworld..

So what should I do? should I go through every Kaplan book (which is kinda not possible within 10 days) or just do FA (I have read FA's few topics but not whole book)...or just my own notes from UW....

My target is above 90....is it possible with this score - UW-61% ..NBME 3 - 450(212-88)....

guys pls reply,,,,,,how do to revision in these 10 days?????????????

thanking u in anticipation..........

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Postpone the exam

I think you should postpone the exam.

Give yourself more time.

You need to revise Kaplan books and FA and your UW notes all of them.

You have to finish all of UW and possibly another qbank.

Don't hurry up ... you may later regret it

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Here's a plan for you

hey guys my exam is after 10 days,,,,,so how should I do revision ...... thanking u in anticipation..........
Reading new materials in this 10 days is wrong. So forget about FA.
I'd say review your UW notes in 2 days then keep doing UW for 7 days and take a break last day and go to the exam.
Your UW score of 61% is not bad and it looks like you gonna hit 92-93 in the exam.

·
Registered
557 Posts
My first thought is also that you should postpone a bit and try to get through FA in it's entirety, and take a couple more NBME's to make sure you're predicted to score above 90. However, if you can't postpone then it then it's not a good idea to look at new material this close to your test, so just hammer your UW notes and questions questions questions. Go through the questions you got wrong or had trouble with in UW to make sure you don't get those wrong on the real test. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
just want to know

Reading new materials in this 10 days is wrong. So forget about FA.
I'd say review your UW notes in 2 days then keep doing UW for 7 days and take a break last day and go to the exam.
Your UW score of 61% is not bad and it looks like you gonna hit 92-93 in the exam.
hey, where did u get that information about comparison score? Did u read somewhere or just guess it?

·
Registered
625 Posts
You're okay so far - the score has a lot to do with your performance exam day too, but why did you choose form 3? I'd have done 7 or 6... Maybe you should go over your UW notes and then after that do 7 in the next day or two.

Let us know how it goes though :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
My first thought is also that you should postpone a bit and try to get through FA in it's entirety, and take a couple more NBME's to make sure you're predicted to score above 90. However, if you can't postpone then it then it's not a good idea to look at new material this close to your test, so just hammer your UW notes and questions questions questions. Go through the questions you got wrong or had trouble with in UW to make sure you don't get those wrong on the real test. Good luck!
Doesn't postponing means in this phase that you'll be marked as 1 failed attempt? I am curious cause some residencies are extremely tight that they will be choosing those that have passed steps at first attempt.

Do anyone know?

As your question. Hard to know. If you have done your own notes so revise them and do questions and make sure you read the explanations.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're okay so far - the score has a lot to do with your performance exam day too, but why did you choose form 3? I'd have done 7 or 6... Maybe you should go over your UW notes and then after that do 7 in the next day or two.

Let us know how it goes though :)
hey guys thanks a lot...........:)
@ ashishkabir- coz so many people say tht 3 is best ,,some say s 7 is best
so now im gonna do 7 too n see what is wk n just read those wk areas for following days...n my notes.....that's it.......
so thank u guys once again
n will post my exam experience......

·
Registered
625 Posts
Good decision ;) - I think 3 is hard for the wrong reasons personally - it's heavy on stuff that was tested a year ago but not as much this year. Who knows though - if you ask 10 people about their step 1 experience they will all have had a different emphasis on their exams... One form isn't enough to judge so thats why I recommended 7 ;)

hey guys thanks a lot...........:)
@ ashishkabir- coz so many people say tht 3 is best ,,some say s 7 is best
so now im gonna do 7 too n see what is wk n just read those wk areas for following days...n my notes.....that's it.......
so thank u guys once again
n will post my exam experience......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts