USMLE Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I prepared for 4 months, with great intensity for around 3 months.

I read kaplan notes once with videos for all subjects.

After which i went for UW subscription for 2 months. Taking notes and transcribing them into Kaplan Notes. I finished it by revising only wrong ones and marked ones.

Then I read kaplan notes line to line once after UW along with my own UW notes.

Then i took UWSA 15 days before my exam, on which i scored 96.
Nbme 2 online 10 days before my exam, scored 95.
Finally gave a rapid revision of kaplan and appeared for the exam...

Time management is most important on final exam. I was prepared to sacrifice a couple of questions in each block but reducing the no of questions from 46 to 44 was really helpful. Absolutely no time to revise the marked ones.

God bless you all

·
Registered
58 Posts
hey succeeded! I have just started studying for CK. this is exactly what I wanted, a crisp overview of the required prep.

I am gonna use ur advice. thanks:)

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey succeeded! I have just started studying for CK. this is exactly what I wanted, a crisp overview of the required prep.

I am gonna use ur advice. thanks:)
You welcome sharvaree,
come back to this thread and tell us about your great score ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
:)hey hello thanx dude!!!just needed a way out about how to prepare for CK.thanx God your post made it a bit easier for me.All the best for your future and do pray for me too thanx;)
I prepared for 4 months, with great intensity for around 3 months.

I read kaplan notes once with videos for all subjects.

After which i went for UW subscription for 2 months. Taking notes and transcribing them into Kaplan Notes. I finished it by revising only wrong ones and marked ones.

Then I read kaplan notes line to line once after UW along with my own UW notes.

Then i took UWSA 15 days before my exam, on which i scored 96.
Nbme 2 online 10 days before my exam, scored 95.
Finally gave a rapid revision of kaplan and appeared for the exam...

Time management is most important on final exam. I was prepared to sacrifice a couple of questions in each block but reducing the no of questions from 46 to 44 was really helpful. Absolutely no time to revise the marked ones.

God bless you all

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi succeeded

congratulation twice 1 for passing the test & other for your wonderful score.
your explanation about the study plan was too informative ,but i would like to ask did you start with step 1 or step 2 ? is it important to start for step 1 or it doesnt matter ,as long as your preparing hard & evaluate yourself through Q banks ,what do think?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
congratulation twice 1 for passing the test & other for your wonderful score.
your explanation about the study plan was too informative ,but i would like to ask did you start with step 1 or step 2 ? is it important to start for step 1 or it doesnt matter ,as long as your preparing hard & evaluate yourself through Q banks ,what do think?
I've done CK then Step 1. But I faced tremendous difficulties with Step 1. I wished that I've done the reverse.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts