USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow members of the forum,

I have been a silent reader on this forum for the last 2 years and learned alot for everyone here and thought I should give back. I passed Step 1 in 2014 with a score in the mid 250s.

* I took 4 months to prepare for it
* Material Used: Kaplan Step 1, BRS Physiology, Goljan Audio Lectures (Pathology), First Aid for Step 1, UWorld, Conrad Fischers 100 ethical cases
* For practice I used NBME 13, NBME 15 and UWorld

I participated in last years match and matched at my dream program as an IMG.

When I was on my residency match journey I wished there was one central information source this long and complicated process. So I started a blog to give back to everyone here detailing my entire journey including Step 1: http://www.blog.myresidencylist.com/how-i-scored-in-the-mid-250s-on-step-1/
The blog goes into much more detail on how I scored so well, if you have any questions please ask in the comments section of the specific blog posts and I will answer there!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very good score! I score 252 on my exam but did not use Kaplan. My school provide Kaplan to me and I did not like it. The videos were very old and notes have many mistakes with to much material for the Step 1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts