USMLE Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, I would take 3-4hours, just to transcribe everything to FA. But I feel its taking too long.

How would you handle the Qbank? Transcribe every information, be it wrong or right? Just read through and only transcribing the ones you got wrong?
Whats your strategy?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Am writing my notes on Kaplan
How do you write on FA! there's no enough place there, your hand writing must be very small :D

Yes, am facing the same problem
In fact am taking even longer 5 to 6 hours with each block

by the way are you talking Kaplan or UWorld?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh sorry, forgot to mention but for me it was Kaplan Qbank. If I were to do UWorld, surely I would take longer time too.

Heh, what I do is I write the info on the blank pages I added to my unbounded FA. I do not know if this is a good idea, because since I have abundant space, I may tend to write almost every info down, because I do not have to worry about screening the questions. This way, will my info at the end of my prep.. be just... too LOW yield?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Writing all the explanation is a wrong technique
this will waste your time and also will result in significant confusion when you come back again to what you wrote

Just grasp the concept and that's it, believe me you will not forget concepts for the next 3 to 5 months.

Kaplan Qbank tends to mention "low yield info" in the explanation. For example a question is talking about how muscles do exercise and you did not know the answer, then in the explanation you find a whole page talking about extremely detailed exercise physiology. You don't need to memorize it, just read carefully and grasp the essential concept and you are good to go.

Only, when you find a content which is completely new to you and you've never seen before then it's wise to add small note to your primary study materials.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh i see. Nice explanation sabio. I think that would be true, especially for those who are running against time for the boards.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Everyday I do one book

So, just read question and understand the explanation and if there is anything you don't understand go back to your books and understand it

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, as i said, just read the last sentence first to get a overview, den proceed reading the options given. and read the whole question. :)

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I'm asking in the title of my message ...
if i don't have much time ..is that OK if i didn't re-answer the uncorrected questions in UW ?
If what you mean by (uncorrected) is (incorrect) answers you gave, then yes you can skip reviewing those but in one condition which is taking the exam within a reasonably short time interval from your UW preparation.

My personal experience is exactly this, I didn't repeat the incorrect UW questions and I've got 99 in step 1 ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts