USMLE Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, My exam is in 2 and half months. How many ???? is recommended to do per day????? Im doing 1 block (46?) a day. Is that good or too little????

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'd say up it to 2 blocks (100 questions a day) 150 questions means you'll finish the questions in 1 month leaving a month to spare to review the questions thoroughly again. But you should learn to pace in your last month. Thats why I suggest being done before that. You pace is okay too though. Just make sure you absorb the explanations!...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd say up it to 2 blocks (100 questions a day) 150 questions means you'll finish the questions in 1 month leaving a month to spare to review the questions thoroughly again. But you should learn to pace in your last month. Thats why I suggest being done before that. You pace is okay too though. Just make sure you absorb the explanations!...
Well right know I'm by 62% of Qbank from Kaplan with a 69% accumulative. I'am planning on starting UW on december 1st and hopefully I will plan on finishing it by the middle of january, leaving like 15 days to review FA and my notes before the exam.
Also planning on doing at least 3 NMBE's.
Is that a good plan or I'am doing bad with the time??????
I'am starting to feel very desperate, and I can't change my exam date because I will need to reaply again.
Please help

·
Registered
625 Posts
You'll be fine with that... 45 days is a lot of studying to finish UW, but it's necessary. I'm assuming you've already reviewed FA once?

3 NBMEs are good too. Space them out so that the last one is at least 7-10 days before the exam date. If its under 500 - which I really doubt it will be, then reapply. I have a feeling it wont be, though because you'll just have finished UW and FA.

Well right know I'm by 62% of Qbank from Kaplan with a 69% accumulative. I'am planning on starting UW on december 1st and hopefully I will plan on finishing it by the middle of january, leaving like 15 days to review FA and my notes before the exam.
Also planning on doing at least 3 NMBE's.
Is that a good plan or I'am doing bad with the time??????
I'am starting to feel very desperate, and I can't change my exam date because I will need to reaply again.
Please help

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll be fine with that... 45 days is a lot of studying to finish UW, but it's necessary. I'm assuming you've already reviewed FA once?

3 NBMEs are good too. Space them out so that the last one is at least 7-10 days before the exam date. If its under 500 - which I really doubt it will be, then reapply. I have a feeling it wont be, though because you'll just have finished UW and FA.
Thank you very much my friend, I really love this Forum, makes me feel confident about my studying skills, :)):)):)).

I really hope I don't have to reapply, but just in case. I will have to do all the paperwork from my medical school again or is just applying for a new schedule permit and paying the fees of the exam wich is $740.???????

·
Registered
625 Posts
I hope you dont either :) You're almost there - it would be a shame. I don't know about the reapplication process but I think a form 186 is valid for 5 years so you should be okay to not involve your school. Can someone confirm?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope you dont either :) You're almost there - it would be a shame. I don't know about the reapplication process but I think a form 186 is valid for 5 years so you should be okay to not involve your school. Can someone confirm?
Tomorrow morning I will call the ECFMG center to confirm and I will let you know.
Thank you again.
And by the way when I'am going to know when I'am ready to go and take it, is just never ending knowledge, every day there's something that I'd never seeing before in my entire medical studying.
:confused::confused::confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts