Votes: 18 35.3%
  • >10h

Votes: 4 7.8%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
i think 6-8 hours daily should be enough
but still greatly depends on person's intelectual stamina :)

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Highly variable

It all depends on your status.

Are you medical student? Are you graduate? Do you study full time? Do you have other responsibilities, such work, family, ...etc

Also your question is redundant because you may read 5 hours per day and finish in six months or you can read 10 hours per day and finish in three months!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is true. I have in this moment too muvh for over 4 hours a day reading. And I decided that I read that much that I can spare for rest of activities. 2-4 hours is mostly the time I can spend reading.

·
Registered
625 Posts
10-12 hours, so that is awesome, and also if you can really work about 50% of time still it's quite good accomplishment.
Thanks Fin - I'm trying to keep it up :) but I spend an hour on these forums every day too as I'm sure you do too ;) I don't know if that counts...

·
Registered
557 Posts
Variable

I agree that it's highly variable and it depends on where you are in your studying and how much time you have. I go to school full time, so right now I only do about 2 hours per day. Once I start my dedicated studying I will be aiming for 10-12 hors per day since i will only have 6-7 weeks to prepare. I've heard that once you get to crunch time and anxiety starts to set in, you can easily pull 15 hours in a day.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Here's what I think

I think that 2-4 hours per day is reasonable during the first year.
Increase that to 4-6 hours in the second year.
Then you go crazy in the 3-6 weeks before the exam, like 15 hours per day.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Guys,

We need to be talking about PURE hours of study.

Some people say they read 10-12 hours but in fact they only read 1-2 hours and the rest they spend it here :rolleyes:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys,

We need to be talking about PURE hours of study.

Some people say they read 10-12 hours but in fact they only read 1-2 hours and the rest they spend it here :rolleyes:
That's true, but also there is quite different styles of reading. I read about 2-5 hours depending on do I have work in that day. Quite solid reading. But I understand them who read thoroughly. And I know some people who can really do 8-12 hours solid reading which is quite amazing I think...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts