USMLE Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
90% is impressive. That's going 41/46 on blocks. But why do some correlation tables show that getting 70% avgs on uworld = 250/99?
Probably because UWord is considered to be more difficult than other Qbanks and NBME.

Check out this table... Don't know exactly the source, but i can tell you it correlated perfectly with my online NBME 7 score / % of correct questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Unless we are talking about raw scores on NBME's and I totally though we were talking about raw scores on the actual exam, your chart correlates well to the NBME raw score, cause on nbme6 i got 81% correct (via the extended feedback report, not an offline version) and on nbme7 i got 80% correct (also via extended feedback report)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah, I think that chart is pretty accurate. I did NBME 6 online and got 86% correct answers (based on the extended feedback) which correlates to 240 based on that chart while the real deal is 238.

However, in my opinion, we have to consider the level of difficulty of each NBME. Tougher NBME (NBME 5,6,7) will need lower % of correct answers comparing to easier one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
but guys do u really think tht this correlation fits better for real thing also????

and also on real exam there are some experimental Q's ?????

·
Registered
91 Posts
but guys do u really think tht this correlation fits better for real thing also????

and also on real exam there are some experimental Q's ?????
Well, I think that if there's a proven good correlation between official NBME's (at least the latest ones) and the REAL Score, and we all agree that the previous table has a good correlation with NBME, then there should be a good correlation between the table and the Real Score. (TABLE=NBME=REALScore) :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, I think that if there's a proven good correlation between official NBME's (at least the latest ones) and the REAL Score, and we all agree that the previous table has a good correlation with NBME, then there should be a good correlation between the table and the Real Score. (TABLE=NBME=REALScore) :)
But that goes for anything, those that practice well are more likely to preform well. A quarterback who doesn't miss a pass in practice is more likely to go 29/35 in the game on Sunday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Study patner

I need an online study partner. I am currently preparing to commence medical college in the Republic of Ireland. I need motivation....:(:(:(... Who's out there to help?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts