USMLE Forums banner

How many times should we read First Aid for Step 1 Prep?

• None

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • One time

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • Two times

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Three times

Votes: 18 16.7%
  • More than three times

Votes: 30 27.8%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every body
Usually how many times we should read FA B4 EXAM?? I am finding it very lengthy..........
Just wanted to know generally about other students.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
919 Posts
hey

hi every body
usually how many times we should read FA B4 EXAM??i m finiding it very leghthy..........
just wanted to know generally about other students.
thanks in advance
i personally think there is no point reading FA if the kaplan notes arent covered yet. because the FA notes are just short notes to help us remember. but reminding ourselves of the concepts is highly important. so i think read the FA while doing kaplan or goljan pathology, then again memorize FA while doing yr UW and NBME and only read FA a few days before the exam so u dont overwhelm yrself with too much information.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
You have to keep reading it again and again until you memorize it by heart. There's no way you enter Step 1 Exam without mastering FA from cover to cover.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Memorize it word by word

You cannot get away with Step 1 without memorizing every word in First Aid. That's a fact.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Memorize cover to cover

First Aid should be memorized from cover to cover.
Keep repeating it until you memorize it all.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You have to keep reading it again and again until you memorize it by heart. There's no way you enter Step 1 Exam without mastering FA from cover to cover.
Hi, I know this is old thread, but I see that you have already taken step 1. Honestly, how long did it take you to memorize it by heart? If you memorise every detail in first aid can you get 99? thx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts