USMLE Forums banner

How many times shoud we repeat Kaplan Lecture Notes for Step 1 preparation?

• Once

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Twice

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • Three times

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Four times

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • More than four times

Votes: 5 6.8%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
One of the common questions that puzzles step takers is how many time should they repeat Kaplan lecture notes before taking step 1?

So let's start a thread with an associated poll and let's see what you think about this.

Personally I think two times is enough and in the second time there's no need for the associated video.

-
-
-

·
Registered
238 Posts
:) I am so grateful that you guys have a poll for this and a discussion. Well, I went through the first round of Kaplan using the video and the notes. While doing the questions after each topic, I will refresh my memory if there are things that I have forgotten.

I think while doing the qbank, I will do the same too.

·
Registered
586 Posts
wow, that's good. meaning, your friend did not refer back to the notes when she was doing her Qbank?
No, of course she did
but her plan was reading Kaplan once then doing kaplan qbank and UW and going back to the notes when needed.
by the way she did Kaplan Qbank and UW once also. but she did all of the questions.
She finished step 1 preparation in in 7 months.
Now she's studying CK and she will finish it in 4 months!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Fresh grad, once or twice is enough
Old grad, three or four times
u and suzan make it seem so easy. i've only done some subjects once without videos. but when i do the kaplan q-banks without referring back to the notes (to test myself), the score is only 65% to 85%. is that enough? of course i learn from my mistakes. but i can't help testing myself each time. then i panic when its only 65%!!!

i wanna eat my own arm!!:mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
u and suzan make it seem so easy. i've only done some subjects once without videos. but when i do the kaplan q-banks without referring back to the notes (to test myself), the score is only 65% to 85%. is that enough? of course i learn from my mistakes. but i can't help testing myself each time. then i panic when its only 65%!!!

i wanna eat my own arm!!:mad:
Woow, that's a great score 65%. You'll definitely get over 95 in the exam.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think this varies from person to person! According to me quality matters more than quantity. If you are able to make 2 extensive reads and trying to recall as much as possible with active learning. Its the best as you are able to eliminate the aliment of fatigue and exhaustion!

·
Registered
50 Posts
depends person to person
if getting good marks and grasp of topics no need even first time only FA is enough
i think testing is more important than passive reading
testing and then improving in weak areas

with kln or any review material

1 - 15 of 15 Posts