USMLE Forums banner

How many USMLE World Step 2 CK Qbank Questions per day?

• 50-100: Timed Mode, no explanations

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • 100-200: Timed Mode, no explanations

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • >200: Timed Mode, no explanations

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • 1-50: Timed Mode, plus reading explanations

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • 50-100: Timed Mode, plus reading explanations

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • 100-200: Timed Mode, plus reading explanations

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • >200: Timed Mode, plus reading explanations

• 50-100: Untimed Mode, no explanations

• 100-200: Untimed Mode, no explanations

• >200: Untimed Mode, no explanations

• 1-50: Untimed Mode, plus reading explanations

• 50-100: Untimed Mode, plus reading explanations

• 100-200: Untimed Mode, plus reading explanations

• >200: Untimed Mode, plus reading explanations

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Addfannar: How many questions of Kaplan or USMLE World Q bank questions we should be aiming at finishing per day?

Steptaker: It would be interesting to see what others have experienced while doing the USMLE world or the bank.
Am adding a poll to this thread that originally started by adfannar

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Number of Q bank questions per day

It depends on the way you are tackling them
If only timed blocks format then reading explanation I would say 150 Q per day is a great target
If untimed and reading explanation one by one and then going back to your references to consolidate concepts then perhaps 50 Q per day is great achievement

See this post for a good qbank strategy

By the way that goes for any Q bank whether USMLE World or Kaplan or any others

·
Registered
57 Posts
after about 30 days continuous test taking i'm absolutely agree with test taker that 150:rolleyes: Q per day is sooooooo great; although it was unreachable for me and i could take maximum 100 Q at best mood :) some days.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My story ws funny!

My friends placed a bet that I couldn't do more than 150Q a day, I mean YES i totally agree with that figure in Timed blocks but i just HAD to win that bet :happy: I was doing 5 Blocks on average Timed (about 8 hours worth a day) and read through explanations after each and taking notes for incorrect ones and tell you what, it surely worked out well for me & to top that, i won the bet :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
QBank questions per day.

Happy-2
Addfannar: How many questions of Kaplan or USMLE World Q bank questions we should be aiming at finishing per day?

Steptaker: It would be interesting to see what others have experienced while doing the USMLE world or the bank.
Am adding a poll to this thread that originally started by adfannar
I do everyday 88 questions with explanations. Kaplan Qbank step 2 CK performance 59%. I started one week a go. My test is December 20th 2012. Should I combine with UW Qbank?

I made Kaplan notes, Master the boards and Kaplan videos. I am plannig to review FA again.

Do I have a chance to have 240? Thank you.
JP.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Happy-2

I do everyday 88 questions with explanations. Kaplan Qbank step 2 CK performance 59%. I started one week a go. My test is December 20th 2012. Should I combine with UW Qbank?

I made Kaplan notes, Master the boards and Kaplan videos. I am plannig to review FA again.

Do I have a chance to have 240? Thank you.
JP.
please I need Master the boards Usmle step ck2 and step 3 , I need it urgent, my email is [email protected] , and I need any important notes for step 1 and step 2 ck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Prepare

Definitely 2 blocks in timed mode per day. Also once weekly it is necessary to practice the whole exam so that you can mentally condition yourself. On that day I would do 4 block w/o moving from the chair, take a 30 min break, then review all the questions w/o moving from the chair. That makes the experience similar to the real exam. 4-2-1-1 blocks with 30-15-15 min break is the way to go for the real exam. Very important to be able to last the first 4 hours.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts