Wat are the highyield topics on immuno?

I am guessing hypersentivity, transplant etc..:notsure::notsure:
Can someone give more info on this???

THNX IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
You must read all of Kaplan

Kaplan Microbiology and Immunology Notes is the bare minimum that you have to read for the exam.

If you read any other book it would be much longer.

You have to read it in details, everything the T cell development, selection, recirculation, and homing. Cellular and humoral immunity, AIDS and other immunodeficiency diseases, Hypersensitivities, CD markers, Lab techniques, ...etc
In my exam they asked about all these :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
immunology

hey
Does anyone know about the changes in step1 after may16 ? I think more questions from immunology will appear in the exam . Anybody has any other info. i am worried as to if there is any new topics from books other than kaplan i have to refer. if anyone knows about it , plz reply . Any other changes in step1?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey, this immuno thing is quite distressing. I was just gonna do kaplan and then probably read the sections from goljan rapid review. can anyone suggest a good read for an immuno/micro improvement or would this be enough?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Levinson

@Shilpa

The best material for immunology is the immuno part of Microbiology and immunology review by levinson.

kaplan is too detailed and picky.(but end of chapter q's are good)

levinson ( 80 pgs)+FA+UW Qs= the best prep for immuno:D

·
Registered
236 Posts
@Podebrad n shilpa

Guys dont get so worried

Just do Kaplan LN,FA.....and one u start doing Kqbank and Uworld....u would cover all the areas in Immuno.........after all this if in assessment Immuno turns out to be a weak area......then go for HY immuno or some extra reading material.....till then i thin ther other materials are more than enough..........

·
Registered
557 Posts
Guys dont get so worried

Just do Kaplan LN,FA.....and one u start doing Kqbank and Uworld....u would cover all the areas in Immuno.........after all this if in assessment Immuno turns out to be a weak area......then go for HY immuno or some extra reading material.....till then i thin ther other materials are more than enough..........
I agree! I did FA (thoroughly, google anything I didn't understand) and the Kaplan end of chapter questions, and am doing pretty well in the immuno section in Kaplan Qbank. I will see how my immuno section looks on my next NBME. I think understand the basics thoroughly is key, and not just trying to find a bunch of details from extraneous material.

·
Registered
236 Posts
@Heights

You just did the FA immuno ??..........was ur basic in immuno good before us started prepping ?

My Friend who aced in step with 244 also told me he studies only from FA:D.......but that was before may 17th !1

·
Registered
140 Posts
thanks a lot. am still getting a little freaked. had been studying for this exam previously and was unable to give it owing to some bad timing and planning on my part. so have a gap of about8 months between my study period and now, and seems a lot of things about the exam have changed...I might just revert onto only FA for the next few weeks and then go for the exam. still contemplating the idea...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.