USMLE Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have taken CK, would you please tell me what is approximately you think is going to be the percentage of pathophysiology and basic stuff in CK exam.

The reason why I ask is because I dropped out of school for a while and kinda forgot all what I had in my memory when I prepared for step 1.

So should go and read pathophysio again when preparing for CK or it's only a small percentage and I don't need to worry about.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
You don't need to read Step 1 again

Although it's recommended that you take Step 1 before Step 2 CK as highlighted in this thread
http://www.usmle-forums.com/recommended-general-topics-threads/1223-step-take-first.html

it is still possible that you take CK before Step 1 or without reading Step 1 materials.

Most of the Step 2 CK references already include some paragraphs about the pathophysiology and related basic sciences before talking about the core clinical content.

I'd say perhaps 10% of questions of CK is pure pathophysiology. But, again you don't need to go back to Step 1 materials. Your books and tutors will for sure touch on the important related basic materials.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.