USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.im doing u world since few weeks.....im not able to do more than 20 questions per day. Its taking lot of time to read explanation and note down only relevant points. Im seeing people doing 2 blocks per day. Can anybody tell me fastest way to do u world?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi.im doing u world since few weeks.....im not able to do more than 20 questions per day. Its taking lot of time to read explanation and note down only relevant points. Im seeing people doing 2 blocks per day. Can anybody tell me fastest way to do u world?
Try a block Timed mode (rather than Timed Tutor). Once your done, go back and read the explanations.
Then increase it to like, two blocks.
This might help you cover more ground (It helped me) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's normal. If it's your first time going through Uworld it will be really slow because you are reading all the questions. It depends on your background. If you're coming in with a strong background you can afford to skim; however, if you come in with a weaker background then it's probably best to go through the questions more carefully and take down key points. I started with only 20 or so questions a day but moved it up to around 50-60 after figuring out that it takes approximately 4 hours to do 25 questions with annotations into first aid. You can speed things up by just taking notes on the main explanations and only very important things from the other multiple choice questions. You'll start seeing a lot of explanations actually just repeat themselves after a while. Take key points for educational objectives and main summary and just read the other answer choices only noting down very key points. That sped things up for me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It is normal to go slow on the first pass. Right now Im on my second pass but my first pass was slow. Make sure to read all the answers and make notes on your FA so you can have all the info combined in one place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts