USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started USMLE world 15 days back n i am wondering weather i should do it after reading a topic and then doing the same topics questions or before doing a topic so that i know what to stress on more:confused:

·
Registered
365 Posts
You should not start UW until you finished all the books and done with Kaplan Qbank.

Leave USMLE World until the end when you are ready to ace the difficult questions.
I agree with leaving USMLEworld until the end. But, if you spent the money and only have 1 or 2 months to do USMLEworld, then you are stuck doing it.

So, I would read the topic during the day. Then to reinforce what you read do the questions at the end of the day. Then use the questions you got wrong later after you went over the topic later.

Keep FA handy when going over explainations. Write things in FA that are important. That way when you have 2 weeks left you can mainly focus on FA.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think you should try and do UWorld in Timed Unused Random mode. Never by subject. I'd have started it after a first read too, but now that you have started it, I'd still say do timed random because you miss the qbank's big benefit of never knowing where a question is coming from if you do it by subject.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts