USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
There's no magic answer for this commonly asked question.

There are two types of institutes that do research in USA. Universities and dedicated research institutes.

Doing research significantly boosts your application for residency and most students will try to do it right after they finish their USMLE exams while here in USA.

Visit the universities websites and see if they have research openings. The position is usually called Clinical Research Assistant/Associate.

Another potential place is the pharmacuetical industries as they usually look for research assistants.

You can also increase your chances by getting a research job if you take the clinical research training course from these people www.cra-training.com

·
Registered
37 Posts
There's no magic answer for this commonly asked question.

There are two types of institutes that do research in USA. Universities and dedicated research institutes.

Doing research significantly boosts your application for residency and most students will try to do it right after they finish their USMLE exams while here in USA.

You can also increase your chances by getting a research job if you take the clinical research training course from these people www.cra-training.com
hello lee-usmle, do u have any idea if the research training course (6mth) done in home country have any value for research application in US, I have check this site 'cra.com "that u mention thou the time spent is quite small about 1mth but it cost too much about 4000$, for me as an Indian it almost 2lac/-.
again does this training really help in getting research position at the hospital and finally getting the match in higher branch like say cardio/neuro or like that. Do u know few who did the training then got the research position n finally the match, again do i need to get another externship experience other than the research if get one particularly considering the field I will be trying for specially if am an old grad and no pg course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.