USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something what I want...

My ultimate goal would be neurosurgery. Yeah, I know, I am just dreaming. That means that I really have to ace the steps. 232 was the score neurosurgery residents had avaraged in step1. That doesn't seem so bad. I want to have at least the first quartile (I don't know how much this is).

I don't know how much they will appreciate research work. I have done research work whole time I have been med school and my supervisor has been professor and chair in USA. (Hopefully this will do some good ). However he is not neursosurgeon (minus???)

I have decided to do USMLE now and finish my PhD. Then I try to apply some neurosurgical research and make some contacts and hopefully I will get my residency of choice.

Am I just dreaming? Should I have alternative goal?

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well considering you have a good score and that you are doin a phd and also ready to do research i think you are definitely on track! I know a few ppl from my country who did get into neurosurgery without even having to do research 2 years back! So yeah i definitely think your dream is realistic n u shud go for it!
Thanks.... I don't know how much this first quartile is. But I know I have to have at least 240. Which program they did get? How much they score were?

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.