USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well considering you have a good score and that you are doing a PHD and also ready to do research I think you are definitely on track! I know a few ppl from my country who did get into neurosurgery without even having to do research 2 years back! So yeah I definitely think your dream is realistic n u shud go for it!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Scores were 260+ with 3 months elective each and around 10 research publications. Other than that they did not have any research experience or PHD. I dont remember which programme they got into because they werent form my university but we had mutual friends so thats how i got to know! And it was i think 2-3 years back! But with PHD and research work you should definitely give it a shot!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah i understand research publications count towards research experience, but what i meant was that some people even go to states and to vokuntary research there for 1-2 years! That way they increase their chances even more!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.