USMLE Forums banner

How to go about Kaplan Videos

11K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  sukar 
hello everyone, i am new to this forum and new to usmle, so would like someone to advice on how fast can we finish kaplan video + kaplan notes.i am done with anatomy,physio and doing biochem.

1) in first method i watched video for a particular topic and simultaneously added imp points in notes with this i was able to finsih 25 to 35 pages of kaplan notes/day .... but then i thought its taking more time...
2) so in second try i just went through videos and tried to memorize almost everything from video but then it took way more time than previous one. as then i was able to finish only 15 to 20 pages of kaplan notes/day.

so pls pls can anyone tell me whats the best way to do kaplan note + videos. and on an average how many page of kaplan a normal human being can finish in a day.
Hi!
I have been reading the Kaplan LN and then watching the videos for those chapters that I have troubles with. Depending on how long the chapter is I watch the video after certain sections (Abdo, Pelvis) or if its small chapters then I just do them after each chapter. Technically if you read the chapter first and then do the video most of the stuff are the same and you will js need to add notes for those that you dont understand. So you can watch it at a faster speed (if you use VLC player) and then slow it down when you want... I don't watch the videos for all the chapters.
But no one can say how many pgs you can do in a day. It depends on whether you are a slow/fast reader, what you do that entire day, etc.. Just make a schedule and try to follow it. It's not really about how fast you finish its more about how much you understand.
Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.