1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an img from india,
preparing for step 1.
i have to have to give the exam by july, max august,
i have finished kaplan,pathoma almost twice, uworld about 60% but not thorough and mostly random so couldn't understand, FA gave 1 reading,
my target is 260,
i gave nbme 1 offline 1 week ago, got a very very bad score. mostly i lost in biostats and memorization stuff like (ex:beta alpha hemolytic) and respiratory physiology concepts.
so i started doing FA and UW system and subject wise.
how should i improve myself:confused:
any advise will be appreciated.plus any good sources for biostats. thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
even i'm in the same boat. its been more than a year now. one thing everyone tells is first note down what you are weak at and try to improve on those weak concepts. even if it takes long, its ok, all we need is good score right!.
the biggest mistake i have done is i rushed and didn't really retain much concepts so now improving myself and don't want to repeat those mistakes. when you are doing one topic, concentrate and get thorough with that. don't do it just for the heck of doing. even if it takes longer no problem, but once you master the topic, its retained forever.
bio stat need repeated practise. its volatile. try revising it every week till your exam.
one last important note - put all the concepts into one main material so that your photographic memory will help during your exam.
good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
even i'm in the same boat. its been more than a year now. one thing everyone tells is first note down what you are weak at and try to improve on those weak concepts. even if it takes long, its ok, all we need is good score right!.
the biggest mistake i have done is i rushed and didn't really retain much concepts so now improving myself and don't want to repeat those mistakes. when you are doing one topic, concentrate and get thorough with that. don't do it just for the heck of doing. even if it takes longer no problem, but once you master the topic, its retained forever.
bio stat need repeated practise. its volatile. try revising it every week till your exam.
one last important note - put all the concepts into one main material so that your photographic memory will help during your exam.
good luck
thank you for the advise.yes i have started doing uw systematically and working on my concepts. i am doing uw system wise started with the major systems presently cns .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts