USMLE Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To Anyone who can Help...:eek:

I finished my First Reading of Kaplan Text Books along with the Video Lectures...this took me 5 months...I have 2 Months left before my STEP1 Exam...:(

I tried doing the Questions, almost 90% of them I don't know the answer to...this was discouraging

What I'm confused about is how to handle reading all the material again, using First Aid and when to do the questions...During my 2nd Reading, after or ????

:rolleyes:
How can the questions be a benefit if the theory is still not memorized..?

Please anyone who can address this situation, it'd be greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
161 Posts

I finished my First Reading of Kaplan Text Books along with the Video Lectures...this took me 5 months...I have 2 Months left before my STEP1 Exam...:(

I tried doing the Questions, almost 90% of them I don't know the answer to...this was discouraging

What I'm confused about is how to handle reading all the Material again, using First Aid and when to do the questions...During my 2nd Reading, after or ????

Please anyone who can address this situation, it'd be greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:
Don't panic.
We all have been there. Give one day to each subject and just review u r Kaplan notes and FA. Do not think that u have to complete the whole subject in one day, just review the most high yield topics in that subject u know of.

This will take u around 10 days. after these 10 days again start doing questions from Kaplan q bank around 80-100 per day. You will find that most of the stuff they ask is from the high yield material only. Instead of focusing on what percentage u are getting focus on the which subjects are u lacking behind. Now review that subject from FA.
Don't do Kaplan notes again because it will take a lot of time and u must have already read most of them by now. You just need to read the topics again and no better book than fa.

Around day 28th of ur prep do a u world unused q block at least 2-3 and see where u stand. If u are still getting low percentage then better to postpone the exam or if u r percentage is in passing region go ahead to start up on uworld questions for last month of u r prep.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
114 Posts

What I'm confused about is how to handle reading all the material again, using First Aid and when to do the questions...During my 2nd Reading, after or ????

You must think the doing of question as learning experience. If you answer incorrectly so find out what is a real answer. Be sure that you do that for every incorrect answer so you won't answer inccorrectly in real exam.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks allot Guys...Stress is reduced....I think Ill Stick to FA mainly and keep running through my Kap Notes...and Dedicate 1/2 my days to Questions so I get associated with [email protected]_x Thank you...I will use them as a learning experience.

Its a good feeling to know that people have been through this before...studying can make one feel isolated.

Thanks Again everyone :happy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts