USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys , i hv just started reading kaplan notes for step 1....started with anatomy ...My question is do i need to read and understand each and every line carefully in notes or should i just focus more on darkened(highlighted words) for the exam ....

Does the exam mainly focus on these darkened words?.Plz few tips from the all those ppl who have appeared already in exam how to go through notes :):)

·
Registered
305 Posts

i am still preparing so i dnt knw how valid is my advice....what i did was i would read a chap first then do the video nd write down the extra points..this will prevent u writing down stuff wich r already thr inn the book nd so save sum time..doesnt mattr whethr or nt i understood the text at first....did the videos in 1.7x speed

·
Registered
305 Posts

do the entire chap....dont miss any text....fa has everythng in brief nd u can oly understand fa if u read the chaps in kaplan is wat i feel :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
What KLN do is structure your knowledge with clear and organized concepts. It's like a loooong introduction to FA.

Try to read every single word of the notes without forcing yourself to memorize it because it's simply too much, just understand what you're reading. The important thing is to take notes in FA of the unclear topics or details that make you understand FA better, especially since it's kind of disorganized at first.

The key is to compress all books (KLN, BRS, HY, Pathoma, etc.) in FA so it becomes your final review book :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am still preparing so i dnt knw how valid is my advice....what i did was i would read a chap first then do the video nd write down the extra points..this will prevent u writing down stuff wich r already thr inn the book nd so save sum time..doesnt mattr whethr or nt i understood the text at first....did the videos in 1.7x speed
Thnks doc :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What KLN do is structure your knowledge with clear and organized concepts. It's like a loooong introduction to FA.

Try to read every single word of the notes without forcing yourself to memorize it because it's simply too much, just understand what you're reading. The important thing is to take notes in FA of the unclear topics or details that make you understand FA better, especially since it's kind of disorganized at first.

The key is to compress all books (KLN, BRS, HY, Pathoma, etc.) in FA so it becomes your final review book :)

Good luck!
Thnks doc for your valuable suggestions...:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts