USMLE Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Can any body tell me after getting exam permit, how to schedule for exam??? as I've visited Prometric site... its too ambiguous. I could not understand. and also how to schedule for pre-exam practice at Prometric site....??????

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi ,it seems complicated, but its not that difficult....

simply go to site www.prometric.com..

then on left u will find test takers n list below ,select one written academic ,proffessional..............one.... in the list u can select the xam u r gonna take like step 1 2 3 etc.. and follow the steps.... at last u can choose nearest centre as per convienience nd they will provide available dates on calender u have to choose thats it...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks bt still am confused

hi ,it seems complicated, but its not that difficult....

simply go to site www.prometric.com..

then on left u will find test takers n list below ,select one written academic ,proffessional..............one.... in the list u can select the xam u r gonna take like step 1 2 3 etc.. and follow the steps.... at last u can choose nearest centre as per convienience nd they will provide available dates on calender u have to choose thats it...
Thanks Ahmad.Shazia. But after opening Promatric site.. should I click the option of academic, professional???? but I don't find any option regarding my step 1 exam :indifferent:
Would you plz guide me where to click next??? academic professional or States... or All......these r some options which I got on the left of page????:scared:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thanks Ahmad.Shazia.Bt after opening promatric site..shld i click da option of academic,professional????bt i dnt find any option regarding my step 1 exam:indifferent:
wuld u plz guide me where to click next???academic professional or States... or All......these r some options which i got on da left of page????:scared:
Here's you step by step guide:

1. Go to this website http://www.prometric.com/USMLE/default.htm
  2. Click on the lower right box "start"
  3. In the new page, pick your Step 1 from the drop down menu and choose which country you want to take the exam. If it is USA then you have to choose the state also
  4. In the resulting page click "schedule an exam"
  5. Then in the new page click next
  6. Then choose agree and then click next
  7. Then you will be asked for your scheduling number and first four letters of last name
  8. Then you will see a Calendar with the available dates in the center that you chosen
  9. Then click the date you wish
  10. then you will be asked about your address and email and which government issued ID you will use
  11. Click confirm
  12. The resulting page is your scheduling confirmation you can print it but it's not crucial because now your name is in the system and all you have to take is the ECFMG scheduling permit and your ID to the Prometric site
  13. They will also send you an email confirmation

1 - 9 of 9 Posts