USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first started studying for the Step 2, I did not set out to make a 99, but my aim was to make a high enough mark in order to match in my specialty of choice. At the time my intention was to go into Ophthalmology, one of the most competitive fields around. I finally went ahead to make a 99, and I Interviewed in Ophthalmology. As a below average or average medical student, and an IMG, I considered this a significant achievement. So, how did I do it? Here's how:
I can feel the excitement from you reading this Blog and anxiety to know how to make such a high score. I say this because I felt the same way when I would go to several USMLE Step 2 Forum and see some students post their score as 99, and my heart would jump with anxiety and I would wish I were in their position. So, why is it important to make such a high score? well.... several reasons: First, if you are aiming to match in a highly competitive specialty, the other reason is if you want to match in a less competitive specialty but in a top Program. Start talking already…. Ok, I will. The first thing you need to understand is that preparation is the key, the timing, the books, and mental psyche are part of the preparation process. Think of this as a heavyweight championship.... More http://www.shamanspublishing.freehomepage.com/cgi-bin/blog

1 - 3 of 3 Posts