USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Is there a primer on how to use the step 1 forum to one's maximum benefit in preparing for the exam? I was wondering whether I should go through First aid's index in order to find keywords that match what I can find on the forum? Also, is there a correlation as to how much usage of forums correlates with board scores? Thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Hi,

Is there a primer on how to use the step 1 forum to one's maximum benefit in preparing for the exam? I was wondering whether I should go through First aid's index in order to find keywords that match what I can find on the forum? Also, is there a correlation as to how much usage of forums correlates with board scores? Thanks so much in advance!
i hope the moderators answer it better for you if there is a primer, i have not found a PRIMER yet. but i surf for what i want and they are really helpful information in here. Well about correlation between usage of the forum and scores i would say it depends on how you see it and how you use it!
if you come to this forum with the mind of helping others, i tell you hardly do you miss help yourself. i must say that your time management counts as well. amny at times you fine helps like questions and mnemonics in sessions of studies you find difficult. if you have not started rigid study plan then i would advise you to surf through most of the information here and that in itself would even help your choice of study material, easy applications and give you upper hand in the steps!
i hope this helps.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I think this forum is great, but be careful you don't spend too much time on here when you should be studying. Here are a few ways i like using this forum:
1) As a study break. This is a good way to give your mind a break from whatever it is you're studying without feeling too guilty for slacking off. Sometimes folks will have questions that I may be able to help answer, and i respond to those posts. It's useful for me also because it's relevant to the USMLE so I am learning at the same time i'm helping someone.
2) To get help on things I'm confused about. If you post a questions, someone will try to help you. When I am studying, if a concept is confusing, I post here and ask someone to explain. People can also give you tips on your study progression, registering for the exam, etc.
3) As a source of support. Everyone is in the same boat trying to ace this exam, so people are very supportive.
Hope that helps!

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: forum

Thanks a billion! Is there also a way to download the threads as text files?
Also could you do a poll on which part of the forum people like the best, and which ones less, as well as how many hours per week they spend on these forums per week?

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
752 Posts
Thanks a billion! Is there also a way to download the threads as text files?
Also could you do a poll on which part of the forum people like the best, and which ones less, as well as how many hours per week they spend on these forums per week?
To download threads as text file you can click on thread tools above the first post and select show printable version from the drop down menu.
When the page opens you can click on your firefox file tab and click on save page as ... then choose text file from the options.
As for your other request. You yourself can start such a thread/poll.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.