USMLE Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am using Kaplan LN 2004 edition for my preparation..
Is the new 2011 edition so different from the 2004 edition that I would have to buy it? :notsure:
or is it Equally relevant that I revise the 2010 edition of my friend after finish reading the 2004 edition?
please share your opinions..

· Registered
116 Posts
You should use recent editions. Video lectures go with recent editions. Kaplan notes without videos are of very little use, especially anat, physio, pharma, bio and behav science.

For pathology, you should use goljan. For micro, you can use kaplan or levinson or made ridiculously simple.

If you are using levinson micro, then do only general, bacteriology and immune sections from that book. Parasitology and virology are very big in this book and not that much high yield. you can do these sections from kaplan or made ridiculously simple.

Best of luck!

· Registered
335 Posts
drahmednawaz described everything very well! So I can't anything further but to only repeat what he said. 2004 is way too old and from what I hear, the difficulty level of the exam has increased over the past years and kaplan modifies its notes according to the exam. Best of luck!

· Registered
338 Posts
2004 is waaay too old, its probably before You started medical school!, medicine changes every single day, use most recent books, steal, beg or borrow but get the newest kaplan books.

it doesnt matter what resources you use, as long as you know them well.
so you are saying that one should rather go with the new Kaplan edition than the green one? Hmm....too bad I already bought the green one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.