USMLE Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you can take your Step 1 again, what would you have done differently?:D

or what do you think is the usual mistake or misconception in prep methods that students make while preparing for the Step 1 exam?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Keep notes

I would have kept a paper note where I write all the great tips that I found throughout my prep and to go back to it during the last weeks of the exam prep.

·
Registered
586 Posts
If I ware to take it again, I would not do USMLERx or First Aid
They are not needed
Kaplan notes, Qbank and UW are more than enough

·
Registered
586 Posts
you say that kaplan + qbank+ UW only

what abt doing goljan? and other stuff?
There's no limit to the material that you can be reading for step1
You can do Goljian , Rapid Review, USMLE Consult, Ridiculously simple series, Robbin's, histopath atlases, and tons of questions.
But I believe is the exam is not about memorizing these countless resources, it's about a moment in time where get mature enough to answer any question by rising to its challenge and answering that bit from your own merits and deductions.
Reading may help
but reading too much does not help
So if after doing Kaplan notes, and the two major qbanks and you are not getting a good NBME score, chances are likely that you will never will
that's my take on it and I could be wrong :eek:

·
Registered
586 Posts
If I were to take it again
I would have paid really close attention to the last two blocks or specially the last block
I was so tired and my concentration and enthusiasm was fading towards the end of the day. Which I think has made my score lower.
Please keep your best until the last minute of the exam.

·
Registered
586 Posts
so if one's using them ofline, does it matter? like its same as if u do online?
thanks for the info.
offline can be useful but not as useful as the online
in the online
you get analysis of ur performance and what average u r doing
also they continue to update and correct mistakes in the questions from time to time so if ur offline questions are few months old it might have been changed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.