USMLE Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm and IMG with no G.C. I have a Step 1 score of 99/241. I've just started preparing for CK.

I'm in a dilemma about when to apply in the match and when to try to gain USCE. I don't know if it'd be better to rush and take CK and CS before September and apply in the next match, or take my time and get some USCE before applying in the 2012 match. I also thought of going super-crazy, trying to take USCE while preparing and apply in the next match.

I'm aiming for Radiology. Heard it's very competitive and requires radiology research experience in particular.

Regarding my case, what do you think I should do?

Advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
You still have time to do it all

You still have time to do it all.
Take the CK in March 2011.
Come to USA and do the CS in April 2011.
From April 2011 until August 2011 try to do USCE.
In September 2011 apply for the match.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You still have time to it all.
Take the CK in March 2011.
Come to USA and do the CS in April 2011.
From April 2011 until August 2011 try to do USCE.
In September 2011 apply for the match.
Thanks Sabio. Sounds like a perfect plan, but will I be ready for the CK in 3 months? I think reading the notes only will take around 2 months! The 2010 version has 100 extra pages per book! Do you think I can skip something and do qbanks instead, being that I'd just taken Step 1??

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Here's a short cut

Thanks Sabio. Sounds like a perfect plan, but will I be ready for the CK in 3 months? I think reading the notes only will take around 2 months! The 2010 version has 100 extra pages per book! Do you think I can skip something and do qbanks instead, being that I'd just taken Step 1??
Skip the videos and the Qbook and go straight to Qbank followed by Consult or UW or both of them.
When you start the Qbank, if you find yourself doing over 60% then you are on the right track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts