USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
This is to be used only when reach the ERAS application part
These are group of volunteers gathered by ECFMG and they'll help familiarize you with the medical environment in USA.
I don't think they'll help you match or something

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How to join the ECFMG advisory network?

I tried to sign up but it did not accept me, it's said that I have to be ERAS and NRMP applicant and I am, yet it did not accept me.
Any idea how do I join this network?

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts

I tried to sign up but it did not accept me, it's said that I have to be ERAS and NRMP applicant and I am, yet it did not accept me.
Any idea how do I join this network?
You have to go to your OASIS account and then click on the ERAS Support Services in then click on International Advisory Network on the left, agree to the terms and then click continue.
When you are there, all you can do is search for advisers and sending them emails.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
three advisers only

Just remember that the IMG Advisory Network is limited to three advisers only.
You cannot contact more than three IMG advisers
While here in this forum for example we have thousands of advisers :cool:

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Important notification

The ECFMG recently released clarification about the IMG Advisory Network (IAN) saying that you should not expect help from the advisers to get you interviews!

Here's a quote of their email:

Most important is to understand that advisers are not necessarily advocates; that is, although they may provide you information and advice, you should not expect them to actively assist you in trying to obtain interviews at their institutions, to speak on your behalf at residency selection meetings or to provide you letters of reference. In the event that an adviser is positively impressed by you and your materials based on extensive communication, that adviser is free to take a more active role as an advocate for you but, and this is most critical to understand, advisers are not expected as part of their role to do so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts