USMLE Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
i'm very new to this forum and i joined because i believe i'll find the help that i need.
i'm an IMG Mom, graduated from Medical school in 2010 and recently had to relocate to the US. i'm planning to take my USMLE step 1 in December and i don't really know where to start from.

Please can i get a plan that will actually fit with about 8 hrs of study (i hope i'll be able to squeeze this much from the total 24 hours with my baby and all :rolleyes:) per day and will cover everything i need to score a 250 on the exam?
And the best combination of study materials?? i learnt FA is a must. What else should i add?

Also i really believe that i need a lot of motivation! Are there study groups i can join on Skype?

Thank you very much in anticipation of your responses.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a similar plan. I'll start by tomorrow and try to do the exam on December. I hope it is doable.

I will be studying First Aid + Uworld for everything. I will have a look at Kaplan behavioral science, but not anything else.

I haven't taken the decision whether to study pathoma or not. When I start with pathology I'll see how things go, but I feel that FA contains way more information than what my brain can retain :D

Hope that's enough.

Good luck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hi there
also sailing in the same boat .. i have a 3 month old daughter
planning to take step 1 in oct
thanks fever ! great idea

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can we all form a serious study group or is it better to join an already existing serious study group? i really need the 'peer motivation':plz:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts