USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks !

I am an IMG preparing for step 1. Right now doing 1st read of KLN along with DVD's. I wanted to start the Qbanks from the second read.

Now I have 2 questions.

1. I am planning to do UWORLD and Kaplan Qbank. I am a bit confused about whether I should also do USMLERx or not. Heard from some its a good qbank and a good practice, others say its not worth it. Wat do u ppl say?

2. If I do decide to do Usmle rx too. Wat order should I follow to do the Qbanks meaning to start with which qbank. which one to do second and which one last.

Waiting for ur replies.

Btw its an excellent forum, thumbs up :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
i wu suggest that u start with kaplan n once u imbibe most of things thn do random timed Uworld..assess urself after doing uworld, if u r scoring gud and wu b satisfied with tht score thn u can go ahead and write the xam after revision..if u wu still be doubtfull u can do usmlerx during ur last days along with ur revision..n btw i dnt have much knowledge of usmlerx..hope this helps!!:notsure:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Good choice.
I think doing Kaplan first helps you to warm up for the real deal wich is UW from what I've been hearing.
I did Kaplan and completed 80% of the ???? I leave 20% for practice before the exam, the last days. Now I'm reading FA and hoping to star UW by January. I will let you guys now how it goes...:happy::happy::happy:

·
Registered
625 Posts
I just wanted to put in a word in for USMLEConsult instead or along with Kaplan and UW. As you guys have suggested, leaving UW till the end is a good strategy. You can also do the 20% of Kaplan or consult the last few weeks, but Consult is a Goljan approved bank and it is on par with UW I'd say in terms of difficulty and in terms of getting you to absorb the concept.

Just a suggestion :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts