USMLE Forums banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear friends

I am about to take a competitive residency program in American university of Beirut, but they send me a message to tell us that the exam is called iFoM CSE "International Foundation Of Medicine Clinical Science Exam", and it is done by NBME

please if any body have information about this exam and how I can prepare myself for it and if I can use Kaplan materials for this purpose.

· Registered
4,337 Posts
It's like the CK exam.

A friend of mine has taken that exam and then he took USMLE Step 2 CK. He said the questions and the style were identical between the two exams. The only exception is that they don't ask you specific issues about the US Health Care and stuff like that. So for example you won't see emphasis on Lyme disease, ethical issues, ...etc

So I think if you use Kaplan Notes for the CK you should do fine in the iFoM CSE.

For more information you can also visit this web page http://www.nbme.org/students/ifom/index.html

Good luck ;)

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its residency program in American university of Beirut in Lebanon its include iFoM CSE exam is all the requirement and it held once time a year in February each year ,all the branches is opened but you ll receive very low salary from 600-900$ the highly competitive programs is diagnostic radiology ,dermatology, ophthalmology.

the website of AUB

http://staff.aub.edu.lb/~webgme/

Im ready for any question or help

· Registered
1 Posts
A friend of mine has taken that exam and then he took USMLE Step 2 CK. He said the questions and the style were identical between the two exams. The only exception is that they don't ask you specific issues about the US Health Care and stuff like that. So for example you won't see emphasis on Lyme disease, ethical issues, ...etc

So I think if you use Kaplan Notes for the CK you should do fine in the iFoM CSE.

For more information you can also visit this web page http://www.nbme.org/students/ifom/index.html

Good luck ;)
Hi all
does anyone know how and where to register for the ifom exam, i need it for the residency at my area.. imp plzzz.

· Registered
10 Posts
If i took the IFOM CSE exam few months ago (which is administered by the NBME) do i click yes for item 5 in a step 2 ck application now?

"Have you ever submitted an application to the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) for a Part or Step examination? "

or does that item only apply to US and canadian citizens?

· Registered
3,200 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
who has to take this exam and for what purpose?
This is an NBME based exam for some international residency programs outside the US. It counts for nothing towards the MATCH and I took it as a backup for my career.

More and more we're seeing universities and hospitals move towards standardization with their entrance exams.

· Registered
100 Posts
This is an NBME based exam for some international residency programs outside the US. It counts for nothing towards the MATCH and I took it as a backup for my career.

More and more we're seeing universities and hospitals move towards standardization with their entrance exams.
for which countries this apply to??? is australia and canada of these?...i mean after taking these one can get residency in other country??

· Registered
10 Posts
for which countries this apply to??? is australia and canada of these?...i mean after taking these one can get residency in other country??
Well here is the link for the exam that i took. All the information is in there i think. The exam applies to specific hospitals that accept and are enrolled in that program

http://www.nbme.org/Schools/iFoM/index.html

· Registered
7 Posts
application for IFOM

Hello every body,
please i need help regarding if it is possible to apply for IFOM exam at American university of Beirut from out side, because i live in Qatar and how to apply with details plzzzzzz:sorry: .
thanks

· Registered
10 Posts
Hello every body,
please i need help regarding if it is possible to apply for IFOM exam at American university of beirut from out side ,because i live in qatar and how to apply with details plzzzzzz:sorry: .
thanks
Hey man, contact the GME office of AUBMC.. they'll tell you what to do. usually all the information is accessible through their website. But if it isnt you'll have to call them about registration.

· Registered
10 Posts
Thank you very much for your respond and valuble advice , it really helped me alot.
{by the way, i am woman not man :) }
haha no worries.

This is an NBME exam.. so you would ideally prepare for it the same way you would for step 2 CK. usmleworld and a review book like FA or step up or MTB. but you'll only get like 1 stat question and none of those drug ads or abstracts.

· Registered
7 Posts
more questions

haha no worries.

This is an NBME exam.. so you would ideally prepare for it the same way you would for step 2 CK. usmleworld and a review book like FA or step up or MTB. but you'll only get like 1 stat question and none of those drug ads or abstracts.
hello & thanks again:) ,
- i have usmleworld 2007 but i dont know if there are more to do?!!:confused:
-also regarding the online kaplan qbank,do i have to do it or usmleworld is enough??!!!
-is the first aid book is enough??and how much time do you think good to prepare for exam?
sorry to annoy you with so many questions:eek:

· Registered
10 Posts
hello & thanks again:) ,
- i have usmleworld 2007 but i dont know if there are more to do?!!:confused:
-also regarding the online kaplan qbank,do i have to do it or usmleworld is enough??!!!
-is the first aid book is enough??and how much time do you think good to prepare for exam?
sorry to annoy you with so many questions:eek:
USMLEworld is much better than kaplan qbank. They updated their banks many times since 2007.. i suggest you subscribe online and get the real thing. You can get a discount deal on the qbank for a month with the self assessment form! go to usmleworld.com and check it out. its about 2000 questions. if you do 88 a day(2 blocks) you'll be done in about 23 days.

FA+Usmleworld will be enough. If you have more time... do the kaplan notes(but these are a long augmentation read) and then use an exam review book(like FA/MTB/Step Up) with usmleworld.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.