USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm an international student from Italy and I'm taking the usmle in a little bit less than 6 weeks.

It's been pretty difficult to study so far because the things that USMLE usually test were usually not tested in my studies (We have mainly oral exams for most part of the subjects).

My plan is to go through kaplan notes + kqbank (which I almost finished) and then to switch to uworld

Anyway I took NBME 15 10 days ago and I got 194 (56 wrong)
Today I took NMBE 13 and I got 200 (47)

I felt much more confident taking nmbe 13 and I think that was reflected in the number of correct answers (56 vs 47), even though the final score is still pretty disappointing

I was aiming to a 230+ but I think it's going to be tough so I will be happy also with a 225+. Do you think that it's still possible?

Thank for your help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got 211 on NBME 16. Happy about the improvement but still disappointed about the overall score. I think that I could have avoided at least 5 stupid mistakes, in any case I'll keep studying in these 4 weeks to break at least the 220 barrier

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey!
Did you try USMLE Boards and Beyond videos? They are nice, concise and easy to understand.

You can watch samples here:
www dot boardsbeyond dot com/samples

Also, they are running March promotion, have a look at it here:
www dot boardsbeyond dot com/march-promotion

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey we have similar scores, I'm taking my exam on Monday... really scared but at the same time I'm tired of studying already and I want to pass and move on with my life. You can do it, keep studying because you clearly are above passing threshold. Study hard for a bit and take the exam, don't delay because you might just reach your "peak" and after that you burn out and drop in scores.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good luck

Hey we have similar scores, I'm taking my exam on Monday... really scared but at the same time I'm tired of studying already and I want to pass and move on with my life. You can do it, keep studying because you clearly are above passing threshold. Study hard for a bit and take the exam, don't delay because you might just reach your "peak" and after that you burn out and drop in scores.
Hey man good luck for monday, hope you do well. Sometimes people score higher than NBMEs, do let me know how it went on here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts