USMLE Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you so much . i ve been so confused for the past few days as my friends score were 255s . no one cared to reply except for u .thanx agian

·
Registered
6 Posts
congratulations on your score

with a 250 score you are excellent congratulations thats an amazing score.
and thanks for sharing your experience, on questions i see that you improve a lot every week on your name´s did you focus on weaknesses reported by the exam?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
with a 250 score you are excellent congratulations thats an amazing score.
and thanks for sharing your experience, on questions i see that you improve a lot every week on your name´s did you focus on weaknesses reported by the exam?
thank you . and yes . i empahasized on the my borderline performance topics as indicated in nbmes

·
Registered
16 Posts
can some 1 frankly tell me about my chances of residency ? do i have
possible ?
good? or
great chances of residency ..

my experience -[/ATTACH]
Yes, 250 is actually a really good score, higher than the overall average for Step 1. You have a high chance of matching into a residency program, as long as the rest of your score/CV is up to par. I know a PD at a competitive Internal Medicine Residency who said that he seriously considers your application if you score 250 and above on Step 1. So definitely a great score.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, 250 is actually a really good score, higher than the overall average for Step 1. You have a high chance of matching into a residency program, as long as the rest of your score/CV is up to par. I know a PD at a competitive Internal Medicine Residency who said that he seriously considers your application if you score 250 and above on Step 1. So definitely a great score.
thank you so much !!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
possible ?
good? or

my experience -[/ATTACH]
250 is great score. congrats friend. i have senior friends who are in chicago now doing observerships so chances of residency match will be greater look into that but your score is wonderful so good luck with whatever you do.

·
Registered
95 Posts
possible ?
good? or

my experience -[/ATTACH]
hi .Congratulations.thnax for sharing experience. Quick question,is it ok to use uw as learning tool .i study from goljan n fa in morning like 2 hours n then do half BLOCK OF UW in evening .i need to gear up.how many hours should i read fa to finish 1st read in a week or so? i'm not using kaplan this time unless needed like biochem etc . i can dedicate 6 hours a day n want to give exam in 5 months .can u help me plan accordingly ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi .Congratulations.thnax for sharing experience. Quick question,is it ok to use uw as learning tool .i study from goljan n fa in morning like 2 hours n then do half BLOCK OF UW in evening .i need to gear up.how many hours should i read fa to finish 1st read in a week or so? i'm not using kaplan this time unless needed like biochem etc . i can dedicate 6 hours a day n want to give exam in 5 months .can u help me plan accordingly ?
thankyou . and yes uw is a learning tool not for assesment . i dont know how fast u read ,but for me fa wud take around 15 to 20 days with 6hrs of daily study . what i feel is that u finish fa and uworld ( 1 block daily ) + golijan in parallel to fa ( dont read too much of this , only the systemic chapters would suffice , also u can leave out micro from systemic ) within first 2 months_make sure u annotate in fa ..... next 1 months revise the whole annotated fa and start doing nbmes . in the last 2 months gear up ur revision multiple times with timely nbmes . ur good to go .Happy-2

·
Registered
73 Posts
around 6 to 7 months _8 hrs a day .
Cool , Thank you ! I am really gonna do a similar approach to you ... you inspired me.

First Aid + pathoma + Uworld. Hope things get well and I can get any score near to your great one.

I have some other questions ( sorry If I am asking too much)

1-How many times did you finish First Aid ?

2-How important is pathoma ? Does it add anything to pathology in first aid and Uworld ?

3-You wrote that you finished uworld once and if someone has other qbank must finish uworld twice. Did you have another Qbank or you just did uworld once ?

4-Did you do Uworld randomly or by subject ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool , Thank you ! I am really gonna do a similar approach to you ... you inspired me.

First Aid + pathoma + Uworld. Hope things get well and I can get any score near to your great one.

I have some other questions ( sorry If I am asking too much)

1-How many times did you finish First Aid ?

2-How important is pathoma ? Does it add anything to pathology in first aid and Uworld ?

3-You wrote that you finished uworld once and if someone has other qbank must finish uworld twice. Did you have another Qbank or you just did uworld once ?

4-Did you do Uworld randomly or by subject ?
thank u , and no probs ,happy to answer any queries .
1 . i could do it only once . but i took notes while i was reading it and revised it at the end . doing it multiple times is highly recommended .

2. i cant say . i only flipped through some and i think its exactly enough . i did golijan mostly and it was very time consuming and unnecessary IMO.

3. yes ,and again i took notes from u world(dont take each and every minute point,annotate only the broad concepts .) . i did usmle rx -around 2 - 300 qs ,but i had to skip it as my time was running out . its better to do other q banks ONLY AT THE BEGINNING of ur study . during ur later part of prep ,better to stick with uworld .
4. i did subject wise . but i did FA after uworld . had i done FA thoroughly initially , i think random would have been better (good for revision and i could have just annotated in FA instead of taking so much notes that were already in first aid . )
all the best

·
Registered
95 Posts
thankyou . and yes uw is a learning tool not for assesment . i dont know how fast u read ,but for me fa wud take around 15 to 20 days with 6hrs of daily study . what i feel is that u finish fa and uworld ( 1 block daily ) + golijan in parallel to fa ( dont read too much of this , only the systemic chapters would suffice , also u can leave out micro from systemic ) within first 2 months_make sure u annotate in fa ..... next 1 months revise the whole annotated fa and start doing nbmes . in the last 2 months gear up ur revision multiple times with timely nbmes . ur good to go .Happy-2
Thanx a ton !!! sounds like a plan ...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts