USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will be very blunt now, I got my step 1 results recently, and it turned out to be a 224. I wasn't too distraught about it. But as i comb through all the residency applicants threads, I am seeing very few with scores less than 225 and it is slowly getting a bit depressing.
I mean I was planning to have a 'normal' resume, something like 224/240/pass/3months USCE/3 LORS/visa needed).
I understand some of it might be due to reporting bias but I simple am not seeing any similar 'backgrounders' getting positions and even many interviews. When i looked at the NRMP charting outcomes, there are people getting matched with scores at 225 and below all the way upto 190, but its getting hard to believe without anyone coming forward without a first person account.
Please don't be angry with me for asking these questions. I would be immensely happy if someone with a similar background or someone who knows an IMG with a similar background getting a residency position tells their experience.
Please do take the time to reply, as my confidence is very low right now and you would be a great help.

·
Registered
63 Posts
let me answer this questions 2 months from now or 14 months from now.

ppl do get interviews with less than 220 but they scored 240+ on the CK so getting a good CK score helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,

I got my score too. And it's the same as yours. A bit less actually. I got the exact same feeling as you did. But then I looked into positions. Search on FREIDA with your score range. And you will find plenty of programs who have residents with the same range. Everything is not lost!

Best of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts