USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys , there's a doubt within me . . Is it true , if we pass the exam , we can get the residency and it's FREE ?? even , we are get paid ?? what do you think ?? and how much cost we should spend after we pass the 2 CS USMLE Exam ( detail please ) ?? Thanks a lot guys . . .

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
When you work as a resident or fellow in any US program you will be paid. It's a job you are not a student anymore.
However, the salary is not as high as the licensed doctors job.

What do you mean by cost after passing the CS?

The cost includes paying for rent, paying for food, clothes, and everything you need to live!

·
Registered
919 Posts
i can understand silakan_isi's concern. in Indonesia (where he comes from) the residents PAY to do their residency and hardly get paid about USD$100 a month! so he is a little stunned by the fact that u will not have to pay a fee for doing your residency in US.

i did explain this to him. i guess it wasnt convincing enough?:)

·
Registered
316 Posts
hi thats really astonishing that u ve to pay for ur residency... drz are the cream of the society... and for residency they have to pay this z really sad and insulting too... no???:toosad:

·
Registered
919 Posts
hi thats really astonishing that u ve to pay for ur residency... drz are the cream of the society... and for residency they have to pay this z really sad and insulting too... no???:toosad:
i know right. plus the students here assume im paying a huge bundle to do my residency in US. they think there are hidden fees. i keep explaining over and over but they just dont get it. but i do hope their system changes over time. u have to see how hard the residents here work. its INSANE:toosad:

ps: its still awesome for students though, because we get HEAPS of hands on experience!! :)) (there's always a plus point!)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, i really got why we have to be paid as resident . .

Wooooooow . . . Last night experience just told me . . . To be a resident, is being a person who is responsible to the patient that comes to hospital, and still we have to learn a lot . . . it's so sad when i know back in my country . . Being a resident is only paid 20$ per month . . . Aaaargh, and 15 hour time of Work , but it's often take time more than this .. .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts