USMLE Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
i can understand silakan_isi's concern. in Indonesia (where he comes from) the residents PAY to do their residency and hardly get paid about USD$100 a month! so he is a little stunned by the fact that u will not have to pay a fee for doing your residency in US.

i did explain this to him. i guess it wasnt convincing enough?:)

·
Registered
919 Posts
hi thats really astonishing that u ve to pay for ur residency... drz are the cream of the society... and for residency they have to pay this z really sad and insulting too... no???:toosad:
i know right. plus the students here assume im paying a huge bundle to do my residency in US. they think there are hidden fees. i keep explaining over and over but they just dont get it. but i do hope their system changes over time. u have to see how hard the residents here work. its INSANE:toosad:

ps: its still awesome for students though, because we get HEAPS of hands on experience!! :)) (there's always a plus point!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.