USMLE Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys is it normal to be doing good in the Qbank and at the same time feel that you don't know anything??????? I'm going crazy. Im doing pretty good thank God, but some times I feel like if I don't know anything. Why is that happening??????:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
216 Posts
It is normal, nobody in their sound mind believes that they'll ever be ready for this test.....well at least not us common folk, geniuses however please stand up! :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Don't worry

This is simply the very good feature of MCQ type of questions.. we are not asked to "compose" or write all what we know about subject.. MCQs search in our minds for ideas we definitly know but maybe not able to produce ourselves..
I am doing very well, like you, in Q banks so far but I remembered, after reading your post, how bad I was at medical school in Egypt where they used to ask us " give an account on ....."
Thanks GOD, USMLE type of questions is really different..
So, don't worry my friend.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is simply the very good feature of MCQ type of questions.. we are not asked to "compose" or write all what we know about subject.. MCQs search in our minds for ideas we definitly know but maybe not able to produce ourselves..
I am doing very well, like you, in Q banks so far but I remembered, after reading your post, how bad I was at medical school in Egypt where they used to ask us " give an account on ....."
Thanks GOD, USMLE type of questions is really different..
So, don't worry my friend.
Thank you very much, know I see is not just me. :))

·
Registered
50 Posts
good

what qbanks are you using? and what is your cumulative percentage in them? also how many questions have you done. Its always better to be doing well than not well right? So its a good sign ;)
Thank you very much, know I see is not just me. :))

·
Registered
752 Posts
This is normal. Many a time you'll find yourself solving questions right without knowing how you did so! It's a tricky exam - or at least seems tricky. 99ers come out of the exam thinking they'd fail! Really! :scared:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Qbank to start with ?

It's completely normal to find yourself answering questions without actually remembering everything about the topic.

Suggested readings:

Hi.. I think i ve done reading of entire step 1 course..! Its time for me to switch to Questions ! Plz suggest me which Qbank i should start with - UW or Kaplan Qbank? And how should i do it - Subjectwise or Random ??

·
Registered
741 Posts
Start subject wise

Hi.. I think i ve done reading of entire step 1 course..! Its time for me to switch to Questions ! Plz suggest me which Qbank i should start with - UW or Kaplan Qbank? And how should i do it - Subject wise or Random ??
According this poll http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-s...176-what-best-usmle-step-1-question-bank.html USMLE World received higher votes.
As how to do the qbank, I suggest you start subject wise initially and finish them one by one until you have a good grasp of all subjects then you start doing random blocks.
I also recommend you read this article http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-articles/4361-tips-how-best-utilize-online-usmle-qbanks.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys is it normal to be doing good in the Qbank and at the same time feel that you don't know anything??????? I'm going crazy. Im doing pretty good thank God, but some times I feel like if I don't know anything. Why is that happening??????:confused::confused::confused:
same situation z with me............

·
Registered
3 Posts
You are not alone in that experience.i feel the same way too atimes when i do my FA Qbook.
so,cheer up.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts