1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm an FMG taking my last exam is on July 30, 2011 step 2 CK

graduated year 2009

I don't have any time for clinical experience if time permits I hope I can get USCE on August if that is even possible.... just wondering if i could still get matches on the 2012 residency program? without LOR!

·
Registered
390 Posts
that bad huh? should i wait and skip my matching on 2012 and get USCE? thank you
Do not lose hope, you are in good pathway, you can postpone sending your application until you get LOR from any clinicals that you have done. Although your chance of getting interview is lower but it's better than sending application without any LOR.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
harlesmd, how many months you think i can postpone my application? tnks ^_^ :) your probably right rather than sending none at all

·
Registered
390 Posts
harlesmd, how many months you think i can postpone my application? tnks ^_^ :) your probably right rather than sending none at all
My friend (also an IMG, J1 visa) sent her application on October (with step 1, 2, CS score), with LOR that she got from volunteering in free clinic. She got 3-4 interviews and got matched. Just to give you idea.

I think Oct 31st is the lattest.

·
Registered
623 Posts
i know people who matched without any US LORs they were nt even US citizens its always better to contact the different program coordinators they ve e mail addresses on program sites and tell them about u n ask for ur chances...i did it myself and believe me i really know a lot of people who matched without LORs or really exceptional scores even.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts